Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at SpinSys-Diné
At SpinSys-Diné one of our core values is “Make the world a better place.” The world is big, but we are powerful. We believe that you cannot make the world a better place without diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging.
At SpinSys-Diné we believe in people. We believe that each person can impact us in a positive way. Our employees do this by being their 100% authentic selves. We understand that ensuring employees feel like they belong is something that takes diligent effort. It is our job as an organization to ensure that our staff is representative of the people and groups we serve. We do our best to ensure our people are accepted at SpinSys-Diné for who they are.
We strive to be an inclusive environment. We understand that no one is perfect, but it is our job to try to be better. Change is slow and takes time, we have and will continue to invest resources and efforts to improve.
How We Push Ourselves to Improve:
- We have implemented training for our hiring committees and all staff to reduce bias. These trainings are provided annually to ensure that we stay up to date with inclusive practices and maintain our inclusive culture.
- We are a mostly remote organization, with award winning benefits. This helps us support our staff who are differently abled and have non-traditional families.
- We partner with veteran organizations, like Boots to Books and Mt. Carmel Veteran Center, to ensure we are giving back to those served our country. In addition, we have been awarded the Dept. of Labor HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award, HireHeroes – Employer of the Quarter, and Military Friendly Employer.
- We are continuing to increase recruitment efforts to attract talent from diverse colleges and groups (like Norfolk University, Florida A&M, North Carolina A&T, Hampton University, and Colorado Technical University).
- We are continuing to improve and evaluate our level of inclusion with surveys. We use this to assess our culture and foster an environment of belonging and acceptance. We currently hold the Top Workplaces by Energage for 2022 and one of the top words employees used to describe SpinSys-Diné were inclusive and diverse!
- We ask our employees directly throughout their employment about diverse and inclusive practices to look for ways we can continue to improve.
- We review our diversity numbers quarterly and analyze trends to ensure we are bringing people in from different backgrounds.